To see how carefully you have read and remember the book, fill in each blank with the appropriate answer.
1. By the principle of social proof, if we see others in a group performing a certain behavior, we are likely to view that behavior as ______________.
2. We are most likely to accept the actions of others as correct when the situation is _______ or ____________.
3. According to the "Werther effect," people imitate each other even in the area of _____________.
4. A danger of social proof is that the social evidence might have been purposely _________.
5. Social proof is most influential under two conditions, ____________ and _____________.
6. A ___________ effect occurs when one positive characteristic of a person dominates the way that person is viewed by others.
7. Our attitude toward something is influenced by the number of times we have been
___________________________in the past.
8. Hostility between the two groups of boys was reduced by ___________________________.
9. A method used to get suspects to confess to a "friend" is called _____________________.
10. The principle that makes manufacturers connect their products with popular culture is called _________________________.
11. When our public image is damaged, we will experience an increased
desire to brag about our ties to ____________________________________________.